Movember Movement - The Journey to end Prostate Cancer.
- Just over every 3 minutes a man is diagnosed with prostate cancer
- Globally, millions of families have a family member fighting the disease
- 1 in 7 men are affected in the US by prostate cancer, making it the most common non-skin cancer in America.
- A non-smoking man is more likely to develop prostate cancer than he is to develop colon, bladder, melanoma, lymphoma, and kidney cancers combined
- In 2017, it is estimated that more than 160,000 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer, and more than 27,000 died from the disease
- African Americans are 73% more likely to develop prostate cancer than Caucasians, and more than 2x as likely to die from it
- Over the last 20 years, PCF has raised $660+ million and provided funding to 2,000+ research projects at 200+ cancer centers and universities in 19 countries around the world
- PCF has resulted in 23 chemically distinct, “first-in-field” anti-prostate cancer medicines in the pipeline, 14 team science awards supporting 132 individual investigators, and 41 early career scientists funded
- This research is pivotal to the end goal of the development of new, life extending therapies that will improve survivorship and quality of life for all men dealing with the disease
Ryan Van Wagenen is a firm believer in the Prostate Cancer Foundation and hopes this great nonprofit philanthropy continues to progress in its mission to cure cancer.